What are the causes?
- Genetic inheritance and family habits
- Not only can be associated with genetics, but also their habits such as poor diet, lack of physical exercise or smoking.
- Dyslipidemia. This assumes that cholesterol metabolism is altered. LDL cholesterol is a factor responsible for the progression of plaque while HDL is beneficial for controlling it.
- Type II diabetes.
- Diabetics tend to have high LDL cholesterol and low HDL.
- Smoking. It is the factor that is directly related to death by cardiovascular factors.